Foreign students who desire to study in Canada may now apply for Durham College Entrance Scholarships. The entrance award is designed to provide students with financial aid to cover their study-related expenses in Canada. A variety of scholarships are available to help international students at Durham College with the expense of their study. Only new, full-time overseas students in their first year at Durham College are eligible for the rewards.
Introduction to Durham College
The Durham Region of Ontario, Canada, is home to the Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology. It offers community employment services in Uxbridge, Port Hope, Port Perry, Beaverton, Oshawa, and Bowmanville in addition to campuses in Oshawa and Whitby. Since its founding in 1967, Durham College has graduated approximately 95,000 students.
For more than 50 years, Durham College (DC) has been preparing students for success while distinguishing itself as one of the most innovative post-secondary institutions in Canada. Their nine academic institutions provide programs that are driven by the market and led by business leaders in a range of subjects. DC is certain to have the right program for you to help you reach your career goals, from exciting programs like music business management or artificial intelligence to province-leading programs like Electromechanical Engineering Technology or the Honors Bachelor of Healthcare Technology Management – Canada’s first degree of its kind – and Esport Business Management.
The District of Columbia is ensuring that the student experience is valued and redefining it by offering top-notch programs that assist students in acquiring the required career-ready skills in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Despite the importance of learning and studying, DC acknowledges that most college experiences are made outside of the classroom. Whether you succeed in the big game, discover how to live independently for the first time, or join a campus group with other like-minded people, campus life has a tremendous impact on your college experience. DC wants to foster a welcoming atmosphere that is inclusive of everyone.
The best way to discover what it takes to succeed in your chosen industry is to roll up your sleeves and get to work! As a consequence, experiential learning is a part of almost all of DC’s 140+ full-time programs. Examples include apprenticeship, co-op, field placement, capstone project, applied research, and other hands-on activities. When students learn by doing and reflecting on their experiences, this is called experiential learning. By taking part in experiential learning opportunities, you may extend and improve the skills you learned in the classroom, network with professionals in related fields, and get practical work experience that will help you stand out in a crowded job market.
The Durham College Spa, Global Classroom, interprofessional simulation, and anatomy labs are all part of the Center for Collaborative Education on the Oshawa campus, which brings together regional, Indigenous, and international populations.
The AI Hub, Center for Cybersecurity Innovation, and Mixed Reality Capture Studio are just a few of the college’s applied research facilities. A paradigm for new educational standards in advanced manufacturing, mechatronics, and engineering, the customizable, fully automated, and industrial-grade Integrated Manufacturing Center is also available.
At DC’s Whitby facility, a new Skills Training Center is being constructed. The college’s capacity to provide students with practical training, access to simulators, and other forms of instruction in shop labs for, among other things, carpentry, HVAC, welding, elevating devices, crane operation, automotive, millwright, and plumbing would be enhanced by this facility.
- Organization or University: Durham College
- College-level coursework
- Studying English
- Award: $1,500 to $1,000 Canadian
- International nationality
- Deadline: Unknown
- Durham College will provide up to $1500 to eligible students.
The Available Subject
A variety of scholarships are available to help international students at Durham College lower the cost of their studies.
- Only new, full-time overseas students in their first year at Durham College are eligible for the rewards.
- before the deadline listed on their offer letter, submit their admissions application and pay their costs.
- After the tenth day of the semester, go to Canada and keep going to Durham College.
Before the 10th day of the second semester, a student may withdraw from it; however, in that case, the scholarship will be terminated and the awarded sum will be taken from their refund.
- The scholarship will be terminated and the supplied funds will be withdrawn from the student’s account if they do not register for Semester 2 courses before the end of the fifth semester.
- Wherever possible, scholarships are offered for second semester fees and will be given out before the student’s second semester price payment deadline or before enrolling in semester 2 courses. Due to COVID-19, the granting of research permits has been delayed.
- Checks for reimbursement will be sent in the month after the start of each semester if a student has already paid their whole year’s tuition before receiving the scholarship money (October, February, and June).
- English language proficiency test results must be submitted at the time of application, and charges must be paid by the deadline stated on your letter of acceptance in order to be taken into consideration. Scholarships are not awarded based on English proficiency test results.
- **Only grades from a Canadian or American curriculum from grade 12 in English will be accepted.
This criteria is for rewards up to C$1,000.
- 80% on the English final in grade 12**
- Grade 2 Cape
- Grade 1 CSEC (CXC)
- Grade B at A Level
- Grade A/7 at Level 0.
- Grade A in the BGSCE
- B2 WAEC
- Grade A in the KSCE
- IELTS Academic 7.5
- IBT TOEFL 102
- Grade 5 IB English A HL
- First-grade UCE
- 120 DUO LINGO
This prerequisite is for prizes up to C$1,500.
English final in grade 12 with an 85%** CAPE, grade 1 A Level, grade A/A* O Level, grade A*/8, or grade 9 A1 Grade A Academic IELTS 8.0 TOEFL (IBT) 110 IB for WAEC KSCE Grades 6 or 7 in English A HL
Required Important Documents for Your Application
- transcript from a secondary school for high school
- diploma from a secondary school
- transcript from a post-secondary institution, if relevant
- if appropriate, a post-secondary (college or university) degree
- Evidence of English language competency (if required)
The Durham Entrance Scholarship Application Process
To be considered for the program, applicants must be accepted into the college’s undergraduate degree program. The International Education Office is the next place you may contact.
How to Apply to Durham College for Admission
Step 1: choose a program and check its availability.
Since you’re applying for the scholarship, choose English as your major.
Step 2: Verify the program requirements .
Before applying, review your course prerequisites to make sure you meet them all.
Step 3: Verify the country requirements .
Check the country’s entry criteria as well as, if necessary, the English language requirements.
Step 4: Add Documents
To submit your application, you will need the following information and files:
- transcript from a secondary school for high school.
- diploma from a secondary school (if applicable).
- transcript from any post-secondary institutions (college or university), if any.
- if appropriate, a post-secondary (college or university) degree
- Evidence of English language competency (if required).
- $100 Canadian for application fees (non-refundable).
Step 5: Verify Your Application’s Status
After submitting your application, you will get login information for your self-serve application site between 15 and 20 business days. You may access this portal by visiting www.durhamcollege.ca/mycampus. On this website, you may accomplish the following things:
- Verify your DC application’s status.
- Any additional documents that are required should be uploaded.
- View a history of important communications from DC International Admissions, including any letters of admission.
- Verify your presence in DC if you have a letter of admission.
- Pay for your college expenditures (you must have first received a letter of acceptance and confirmed your admission to do this).
- You may see and print your official DC fee receipt after your tuition has been paid.
- View the justifications given to those who were refused entry to DC.
Step 6: Accept your program and confirm your seat
- You may read and print your letter of acceptance from your self-service application site if your application is approved.
- Utilize your gateway to confirm your acceptance of your offer.
- Your tuition must be paid. to ascertain the cost of tuition every semester.
- DC will issue a formal fee receipt after the confirmation and fee payment have been received.
- You must submit this fee receipt together with your study visa application.
Questions and Answers
Is Durham University a Scholarship Provider?
They do do provide scholarships. Scholarships are available for courses starting in 2022/2023, 2023/2024, or 2024/2025. Please bear in mind that scholarships (tuition fee reductions) are not transferable nor deferrable. Scholarship recipients may only use them during the academic year in which the scholarship was awarded.
IELTS Is Durham College required?
IELTS is necessary for admission to programs requiring conditional admission, graduation from Durham College’s ELC Program, or enrollment in one of Durham College’s English-language partner schools. Genuine IELTS Academic, TOEFL Academic, and PTE Academic scores must be submitted to International Admissions by all other students.
How Do I Apply For A Scholarship At Durham University?
It’s not necessary for students to submit direct scholarship applications. Each application will be evaluated by Durham College staff based on their English test scores, and those who are selected will be contacted by email. There may be other scholarship options. Please get in contact with the International Education Office for further details.
Durham accepts TOEFL, right?
The university accepts the IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE), and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as approved English language proficiency exams.
Is Attending Durham University Worth It?
Amazingly, Durham University boasts a 90% student satisfaction score. The truth is that Durham University boasts one of the highest rates of student involvement in extracurricular activities and sports in the UK, and its 200+ sports teams routinely win university league championships.
Leave a Reply